Florence Pugh Sophia Pugh has become one of the most well-known actors in Hollywood, which has increased her net worth. She made her acting start in the 2014 mystery film The Falling. Since then, she has continued to wow audiences and fans with her acting skills in a wide range of films.
She quickly became famous after getting great reviews for her role as the lead in the Shakespeare version of Lady Macbeth. After that, Pugh starred in TV versions of King Lear and Drummer Girl. The actress had a big year in 2019 when she got lead roles in Fighting With My Family, Midsommar, and Little Women.
Florence Pugh’s early life, acting roles, films, TV shows, dating history, and more will all be talked about in this piece. Keep reading to find out more.
What Is Florence Pugh Net Worth In 2023?
Celebritynetworth says that Florence Pugh is worth $8 million right now. That is a huge net worth for someone who is only 27 years old. It is thought that she makes about $2.5 million a year from brand deals and endorsements. Forbes Magazine put her on its yearly “30 under 30” list 2019. She made it into the Time Next 100 in 2021.
- Rubi Rose Net Worth 2023: Is The Rapper a Millionaire?
- From Zero to Gaming Hero: WesleyWat Net Worth Revealed!
- Breaking News: Christian Stracke $3* Million Net Worth Exposed!
Florence Pugh’s Quick Info Table
|Date of Birth
|January 3, 1996
|Place of Birth
|1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)
|Clinton Pugh, Debora Pugh
Florence Pugh’s Early Life
Florence Pugh was born in Oxford, England, in 1996. Clinton is her father and an owner of a restaurant. Deborah is her mother and a dancer. There are three kids in Florence’s family: Toby, Arabella, and Rafaela—both Toby and Arabella work as actresses, just like Florence.
Florence allegedly had tracheomalacia as a child, which sent her to the hospital a lot. Florence’s family moved to Sotogrande, Spain when she was only three years old so that the warm weather would help her get better. The Pugh family lived in the country for three years and then moved back to Oxford.
When it comes to school, Florence went to both Wychwood School and St. Edwards School. That being said, she wasn’t happy that these schools didn’t do much to help her reach her acting goals.
Between 2013 and 2016, the actor sang cover songs on YouTube under the name Flossie Rose.
Florence Pugh’s Movies and Series
- The Falling (2014)
The mystery story The Falling was Florence Pugh’s first movie role. It came out in 2014. She played a teen girl at an English school for girls. Maisie Williams was her co-star. Florence was nominated for the Best British Newcomer award at the BFI London Film Festival because people liked her performance.
- Lady Macbeth (2016)
It was in 2016 that Florence played a violent young bride in Lady Macbeth. Many critics and people in the public eye praised her work.
- Marcella (2016)
Pugh also acted in the mystery noir show Marcella the same year. Hans Rosenfeldt, a Swedish screenwriter, wrote and directed it.
- King Lear
In the TV production of King Lear, which starred Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, Emily Watson, and Jim Broadbent, the actor played Cordelia.
- Outlaw King
Florence played the part of Elizabeth de Burgh in this Netflix documentary.
- The Little Drummer Girl
It was also Pugh who played the lead role in the six-part drama The Little Drummer Girl. John le Carré’s spy book was turned into this movie.
- Fighting With My Family (2019)
According to the 2019 movie Fighting With My Family, Florence played the part of English professional wrestler Paige. The movie was based on Max Fisher’s documentary The Wrestlers: Fighting With My Family. Jack Lowden, Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Vince Vaughn, and Dwayne Johnson were also in it.
- Midsommar (2019)
In the same year, Florence also played the lead role in Ari Aster’s scary movie Midsommar. It was seen that the actress played a woman who joined a dangerous group after moving to Sweden with her family.
- Little Women (2019)
Last but not least, Florence Pugh played Amy March in Greta Gerwig’s version of Louisa May Alcott’s famous book Little Women. Six Oscars were later given to the movie, and Pugh herself was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at both the Oscars and the BAFTAs.
- Black Widow (2021)
She played the spy Yelena Boleva in the 2021 Marvel Cinematic Universe movie Black Widow. People like Scarlett Johansson, David Harbour, Olga Kurylenko, William Hurt, Rachel Weisz, and Ray Winstone have been in films with her.
- Hawkeye (2021)
Florence played Yelena Boleva again in the Disney+ superhero show Hawkeye, where she had played the part before as Black Widow.
She then got parts in films like “Dolly,” “A Good Person,” and “Don’t Worry, Darling.”
View this post on Instagram
Florence Pugh’s Awards and Nominations
- At the BFI London Film Festival, Florence was up for Best British Newcomer for her role in the 2014 movie The Falling.
- She got the BIFA Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film for her role as a violent teenage bride in Lady Macbeth, a movie based on Shakespeare’s play.
- She was up for the BAFTA Rising Star Award at the 71st British Academy Film Awards in 2018.
- Florence was up for Best Supporting Actress at both the Oscars and the BAFTAs for her role as Amy March in the 2019 movie Little Women.
Florence Pugh Real Estate
Florence lives in a fancy house in Los Angeles, California. It is said that the house has 5 bedrooms, 3 other rooms, and a bathroom. It also has a home theatre and a swimming pool in the yard. Beautiful views of the ocean and hills can be seen from the house.
Besides this, the 27-year-old star is said to have a home in London.
Florence Pugh’s Car Collection
There are a lot of fancy cars that Florence is very proud of. Here is a list of them.
- The price of the Audi R8 is $142,000
- Priced at $150,000, the Aston Martin Vantage
- Prices for Mercedes-Benz S-Class start at $105,000
Florence Pugh’s Controversies
- Free the nipple moment
A lot of people were upset when Florence Pugh wore a sheer pink Valentino dress to the Valentino fall/winter 2022 haute fashion show. It was meant to be a ‘free the nipple’ moment. People laughed at and said mean things about the actor, but she responded with a long post on Instagram.
Pugh said, “I’ve never been scared of what’s under the fabric.” “I’ll wear it if I feel good in it.” I don’t mean to insult anyone, but I think my point is: “How can my nipples offend you that much?”She wrote “Grow up.” at the end of the note. Be kind to people. Be kind to people. Be kind to all women. Respect people. I promise that things will get a lot better. “All because of two cute little nipples.”
- Florence Pugh and Olivia Wilde controversy
A lot of people didn’t like Florence Pugh’s movie Don’t Worry, Darling. One story was that she and director Olivia Wilde were fighting on set. Many people saw a TikTok video that said Florence hadn’t done much to promote the movie on her social media or at the press trips. This started the rumors. It was also said that Florence wasn’t happy with Wilde’s friendship with her co-star Harry Styles on set.
- Florence Pugh and Zach Braff’s age gap
From 2019 to 2022, Florence Pugh and Zach Braff were together. People talked a lot about the 20-year age difference between the two stars on the internet while they were dating. In 2020, she posted a video on Instagram in which she called out trolls for the same thing. Florence said in the video, “I’ve always thought it was funny that people enjoy my work enough to pay for tickets and that I’m old enough to be an adult and pay my taxes but not old enough to know who I should and shouldn’t have s*x with.”
Florence Pugh’s Dating History
During her acting career, Florence has only been in one famous relationship. Check out her short list of dates below.
- Florence Pugh and Zach Braff
From 2019 to 2022, Pugh and Braff were together. They both played lead roles in the Time it Takes to Get There, a short film on YouTube. In 2019, they told everyone about their romance. In 2022, the star said that they were no longer together.
- Florence Pugh and Will Poulter
People thought Pugh was dating her ex-costar Will Poulter after seeing them at the beach in Ibiza in May 2022. The star quickly shot down the rumors on her Instagram stories, making it clear that they were just on vacation together as friends.
- Florence Pugh and Charlie Gooch
Guy Gooch, whose real name is Charlie Gooch, is a photographer from South London. He took pictures of Florence in 2021 while she was on the Black Widow press tour. They were seen leaving the hotel together the next morning after the British Fashion Awards in December 2022, where they were said to have partied together. After a few months, Florence and Charlie were seen on Valentine’s Day holding hands and wearing bands that matched their ring fingers. But neither of them has confirmed the dating rumors yet.
Florence Pugh Quotes
- “I remember imagining what she would have had to do. I thought: ‘Yeah, I really want to be a part of this. It’s not like I go: ‘I really want to play a lady who goes insane in a field.’” – Florence Pugh
- “There was something about her insanity at the end that I knew I would enjoy, and I knew I needed to do. I had never played anyone like that before and that was so exciting. She doesn’t get better. She gets more confused but in that confusion, she is released. And that is fascinating.” – Florence Pugh
- “I knew that her grief, her pain, her constant tightrope of avoiding emotions, it needed to be exactly how someone would deal with the scenario they were in. And I’ve never come close to feeling any of that.” – Florence Pugh
- “In my life, I’ve never witnessed grief like that or seen someone go through that level of pain. To get it perfect, I knew, would be so exhilarating and the payoff would be a fantastic feeling — which it was.” – Florence Pugh
- 1 What Is Florence Pugh Net Worth In 2023?
- 2 Florence Pugh’s Quick Info Table
- 3 Florence Pugh’s Early Life
- 4 Florence Pugh’s Movies and Series
- 5 Florence Pugh’s Awards and Nominations
- 6 Florence Pugh Real Estate
- 7 Florence Pugh’s Car Collection
- 8 Florence Pugh’s Controversies
- 9 Florence Pugh’s Dating History
- 10 Florence Pugh Quotes