How did Gianna Lamb die?
Officials say a 12-year-old girl in Illinois was killed by a car while running away from another accident on her way home from church. According to the Plainfield Police Department, the first crash took place at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said the 12-year-old was in a Nissan Rogue that “did not properly yield” to a Toyota Rav 4 coming the other way at a crossroads. The Nissan was hit on the side where the driver sits.
The boy, 12, got out of the Nissan and ran away from the accident. Police say that’s when she was hit by another car coming the other way.
Gianna Lamb Cause of Death
After a 12-year-old girl died on January 18, people in Plainfield are coming together to help a family.
Patch said that Gianna Lamb was hit by a car on Route 59 on January 17 as she ran away from another accident near the crossing with Riverwalk Court.
Gianna Lamb Obituary And GoFundMe page
There is a GoFundMe page set up to help pay for Gianna’s funeral.
The page said that Gianna was good at almost everything she did like football and cross-country running. She also won the award last year for being the best female student in her elementary school.
“With her kind and caring heart, she always put other people first.” A GoFundMe page says, “Her smile and presence were strong.”
“She lived every single day to its fullest,” Gianna’s obituary reads. “She embodied what it meant to live each day like it’s your last. … Every person whose life she touched felt worthy and cared for. She lived and loved so fiercely.”
Gianna Lamb’s tragic death has left the Plainfield community grieving, coming together to support her family during this devastating time. Struck by a car while fleeing from an initial accident, the 12-year-old is remembered for her remarkable talents and compassionate heart. A GoFundMe page has been established to aid in her funeral expenses.
- Terri Ficca’s Final Chapter: Obituary Overview
- Ryan Realbuto Obituary (1999-2024) and Cause of Death
- Colin Blayney Obituary (1987–2024): A Life Well-Lived
- Shae Ebner Obituary: A Life Celebrated, a Legacy Honored
- Tom Oar Obituary: A Life of Adventure and Legacy in the Wilderness
- Michael Comerford Obituary: A Life of Service and Passion
- Deborah Brandao Obituary: A Victim of Domestic Violence and a Family’s Fight for Justice
- Amanda Kaylor Obituary: How Did She Die?
- James Loveless Obituary: A Life Lived Unapologetically