Passaic County is saddened by the death of Sheriff Berdnik, whose hard work touched many people’s lives. Let us honor his memory, send our condolences, and enjoy the compassionate legacy he leaves behind as we think about how much he meant to so many people.
Sheriff Berdnik Obituary
It is with great sadness that we say Passaic County Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik died on January 23, 2024. We are thinking of and praying for the Berdnik family, the people of Clifton, and everyone in Passaic County. We want to thank the Passaic County Sheriff’s Department and the Clifton Police Department in particular.
Visitation is set for Tuesday, January 30, 2024, from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, which is situated at 381 Grand St., Paterson, NJ 07505. Friends, family, and members of the community are welcome to pay their respects.
Funeral Service for Sheriff Berdnik
On Wednesday, January 31, 2024, at 10:00 AM, there will be a somber funeral service at the Cathedral. The body will then be buried at St. Michael’s Cemetery in South Hackensack.
Donations in Honor
If you would like to honor Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik’s memory by giving money, the family asks that it be sent to one of the following groups:
1. The address of the NICU at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital is
This is 703 Main St., Paterson, NJ 07503
2. The address of the RC church is St. Andrew the Apostle:
400 Mount Prospect Ave., Clifton, NJ 07012
3. NJ Network Address for Sharing:
This is 691 Central Ave., New Providence, NJ 07974.
To plant Memorial Trees in memory of Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik, please click here to visit our Sympathy Store.
The town that Sheriff Berdnik worked for will always remember how hard he worked for them. Even though we are sad about his death, let us also enjoy the amazing life he lived and how it changed the people he touched. We should remember him and be inspired to keep doing good things for others like he did.
- Brandon Barbella Obituary: A Legacy of Love, Passion, and Achievements
- Gianna Lamb Obituary, Cause of Death And GoFundMe page
- Ace Mason Obituary: Fond Memories and Heartfelt Condolences
- Colin Blayney Obituary (1987–2024): A Life Well-Lived
- Cindy Henry Obituary: Celebrating a Life Well-Lived!
- Kendall Bost Obituary: What Happened To Kendall?
- Seth J. Rheam Obituary: A Life Well-Lived in Chambersburg, PA